This KA-BAR fighting/utility knife is 100% made out of synthetic materials, making it extremely tough and durable. It features a partially serrated blade that can hack through things easily, and a comfortable and durable Kraton G handle that makes this knife easy to use and control.
- The blade is made out of 1095 Cro-Van Steel—it’s easy to sharpen and holds its edge.
- The non-slip Kraton handle is tough and will take a beating.
- Used by the military and service members, this knifeis very intimidating to look at.With its 7-inch blade and overall length of 11.85 inches, it’s a great all-purpose outdoor knife.
- This is knife is perfect for hunting—it willeasily skin even large animals and break bones without damaging the meat.
- Great quality/price ratio.
100% made in the USA, the 0118 from Buck Knives is an American Classic. It Features a 4 and a half inch clip point blade that has amazing strength and edge retention. The knife also comes with a brown leather sheath.
- The knife is designed exquisitely—its black phenolic handle and an aluminum pommel and finger guard givethis knife a clean andclassy look.
- Its blade is made from 420HC steel and has a full-tang design.
- Has a finger guard so you don’t accidentally cut yourself.
One of the first folding knives to hit the market, the Folding Hunter knife from Buck Knives is a true classic. Designed and created by Al Buck himself, the Folding Hunter knife is sharp, strong, and very reliable.It also comes with a beautiful, high quality leather sheath that you can attach to your belt.
- The Folding Hunter Knife is an authentic American Blade—need I say more?
- Ithas a 420HC stainless steel blade that is razor sharp and has excellent edge retention.
- Comes with a comfortable walnut handle with brass bolsters.
- The lock blade mechanism of this knife safely locks the blade in place, so cutting yourself is unlikely to happen when using this knife.
The Buck 119 is one of Hoyt Buck’s earliest and most popular models. If you’re looking for a tried and trusted fixed-blade knife that will serve you for decades, then this is the knife for you. The 0119 is a great choice for a truly tough utility knife, and it also carries with it a piece of American History.
- This knife has a razor sharp 420HC stainless steel blade that is corrosion-resistant and has great edge retention properties.
- Has a comfortable black phenolic handle with palm swells.
- Comes with its own leather sheath that has a snap fastener and belt loop for convenient carry. The sheath is beautifully designed and is very durable.
- Buck offers lifetime warranty on their knives.
The Mini Griptilian 556 from Benchmade is a versatile, high-quality and very portable manual folding knife. It features a light and comfortable handle grip which gives you easy control—it’s a perfect choice is you’re looking for a reliable utility knife for everyday and outdoor use.
- Features a 2.91-inch stainless steel blade that is tough, has excellent edge retention, and is rust-resistant.
- This knife has an ambidextrous design, making it suitable for both left- and right-handed people.
- Benchmade’s Axis Lock mechanism allows you to open and close the knife single-handedly.
- The glass-filled nylon handle is available in multiple colors.
Another Knife by Buck, the 401 Kalinga features a stainless steel curved blade that is corrosion-resistant and holds and edge well. This one is a fixed-blade full tang knife and has an integrated finger guard. It’s an excellent hunting knife with a time-tested design, and one of Al Buck’s favorites.
- The Buck Knives 401 Kalinga has a 4-inch 420HC stainless steel, curved blade that makes quick work of animal skin. The blade is very strong and will last for a long time.
- This knife looks exquisite with its rosewood handle and brass guard.
- Comes with a high quality genuine leather sheath that has a snap fastener.
- Buck Knives offers lifetime guarantee on their knives.
- The original design of the 401 Kalinga dates back to 1969, making this knife a true American classic.
The Kershaw 1620FL Scallion is a 100% stainless steel knife. It is lightweight and convenient, and features Kershaw’s Speed Safe system that assists in opening the knife as well as a frame lock and tip lock for additional safety. If you’re looking for a great pocket knife for all-round use, the Scallion is for you.
- The 420HC stainless steel blade is corrosion-resistant and holds an edge well.
- The SpeedSafe system allows you to open the knife with one hand.
- Features the FrameLock and Tip-Lock systems.
- It is so lightweight you can put it in your pocket and won’t even notice it’s there.
- Has a single-position pocket clip.
This spring-assisted folding knife from Kershaw is your best bet if you want to be punching through tough material. The Sandvik 14C28N stainless steel blade has an angled design to better pierce objects. The knife also features alight weight handle with Trac-Tec inserts for a steady grip.
- Features a partially serrated edge that greatly enhances the cutting power of this knife.
- Designed for maximum puncturing power, the blade is slightly curved so that it can pierce through tough objects with ease.
- Has a 6061-T6 anodized aluminum handle with Trac-Tec inserts.
- Extremely durable, this knife will remain in great condition for years to come.
The 1217 from KA-BAR is one of the most popular combat knives in the world—it’s a great gift for a military anniversary or as a retirement gift. Its corrosion-resistant blade holds and edge well and comes razor sharp out of the box. This knife also has an exquisite-looking and ergonomic leather handle.
- It has a 7-inch straight black blade made from 1095 Cro-van steel as well as a gold-plated brass guard and pommel.
- The handle has been designed to give you a powerful grip that makes the knife easier to control.
- This knife comes with a beautiful and durable leather sheath.
- The 1217, with its predecessors used in WW2 by American troops, is KA-BAR’s most famous and most popular knife.
- This knife is amazing to look at, it’s simply a work of art.
Designed to even cut through the fuselage of an aircraft, the LMF II from Gerber is probably the toughest knife on our list. The handle of the knife offers insulated protection against stray wires, and it is made from a shock-absorbing material to protect your joints from the shock impact when you use the pointed butt cap for hammering.
- This one is a great all-purpose survival knife; the overmolded handle provides a secure grip, while the serrated blade makes this knife and excellent tool for a wide variety of survival situations.
- Specially-designed buttcap that is capable of breaking glass—it is also separated from the tang to give it enhanced shock absorption properties.
- The LMF II comes with its own leather sheath that has a built-in carbide sharpener. This makes it great as a survival knife since you can sharpen it any time the blade gets dull.
The US imports more than it exports, resulting in a trade deficit that amounts to billions of dollars—appreciating American-made products is an important personal step in minimizing this massive loss of money.
So why not start by buying the best American made knives? You can get your hands on some of the highest quality knives resulting from centuries-old craftsmanship, while also supporting these well-respected American knife makers.